The LYFE Fuel TeamHealthy Swaps
SWEET POTATO & BEAN BAKE
When cold days put us in the mood for cozy food, this dish will more than satisfy your craving for something warm, filling, and comforting. This one-pot dish is perfect for a hearty dinner or a light lunch with a salad. Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin A, and beans are a good source of protein.
This bean bake is made with a combo of sweet potato and black beans, along with a few other tasty ingredients. This great-tasting dish is an excellent source of essential nutrients, including protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Sweet potatoes are a great source of essential vitamins and nutrients. This recipe provides a healthy alternative to starchy foods and is filling enough to serve as a main meal. It's also high in protein and fiber, which are two great nutrients that are needed for a balanced diet.
According to the USDA, sweet potatoes contain 25 percent of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin A and 12 percent of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2x 14 oz. (400g) cans black beans, drained
- 7 oz. (200g) vegan cheese, grated
- handful parsley, chopped
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil,
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin, more to season layers
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika, more to season layers
- 1 tsp. mixed herbs, more to season layers
- 14 oz. (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup (60ml) tomato puree