Embracing a vegan lifestyle means exploring new and amazing ways of achieving wellness. While being healthy often constitutes setting routines and maintaining discipline, your lifestyle can be just as exciting as you make it to be. Additionally, these things don’t even have to be complicated. Even the simple inclusion of enjoying protein shakes to your well-balanced diet can breathe new and interesting ways of feeling energized to perform your daily activities.
Drinking a delicious protein shake each morning can be enough to fuel you as you conquer your day. Not only that, but they’re also fairly easy to make!
Here are two easy vegan protein shake recipes that you can make first thing in the morning:
Coffee lovers’ protein shake
Undoubtedly, most people feel like they can’t function without caffeine in their systems. If you’re guilty of relying on that first sip of coffee to set your mood, you may want to try this recipe.
Drinking coffee can’t become a lot healthier than with the coffee lovers’ protein shake! This fantastic beverage packs a lot of protein and low sugar content. As a vegan who’s also a coffee enthusiast, this drink is perfect for your daily dose of a caffeine rush.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- ½ ripe banana
- ½ cup of cold-brewed coffee
- ½ cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 ½ cups of cubed ice
- A scoop of sugarless vanilla protein powder
- Stevia extract (optional)
- Cacao nibs (optional)
To make the coffee lovers protein shake, all you have to do is:
- Excluding the ice, blend all the ingredients using a high-speed blender and make sure that they are mixed thoroughly.
- Slowly add the ice cubes and blend until it starts to look like a shake.
- Serve cold and add some stevia or cacao nibs for some extra punch.
Chocolate and peanut butter smoothie
For the sweet tooths out there, this protein shake will surely indulge you with a sugary sensation, minus the bizarre amount of sugar! Chocolate and peanut butter are a popular mix between tasty desserts and what better way to refresh after a workout than with this smoothie.
This chocolate and peanut butter smoothie is also extremely easy to make, and if you love trying out new things, there’s a lot of optional ingredients you can add. Channel your inner barista with different combinations of add-ons.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (you can go for 1 if you prefer the extra smooth texture)
- 1 scoop of peanut butter chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp of creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp of cacao nibs
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (add for a little spice)
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Melted vegan dark chocolate (optional)
- Vegan cocoa powder (optional)
- Spinach (add if you’re feeling adventurous)
To make this smoothie, just combine all the ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Afterward, add some of the optional ingredients if preferred. Pour into a cup and feel free to enjoy your delicious smoothie.
Protein shakes are great for adding some twists to your lifestyle. With a myriad of possible concoctions, it would feel like there’s not enough time to discover all of the recipes. Nevertheless, it’s a super fun way to enjoy being healthy and sticking to your daily routine while indulging yourself with a tasty beverage.
Looking to discover brand new recipes? Try out our best vegan protein powder - we aim to provide you with the highest quality plant-based supplements - check out our products today!